View Single Post
January 4th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I have the Mirena IUD. I got it after I had a miscarriage/D&C 12 weeks into my pregnancy, I hate the thing and I've had it for only 2 months. I want to get it removed, but I'm 17 and there's the whole parental issue, even though I'll be 18 in 5 months. It hurts, I'm breaking out like crazy, I feel pregnant all over again. I started having this stuff squirt out at the most random times. It's like melted butter, but with no scent, that's the only way I can describe it. I hate it. I have to wear a pad 24/7 even if I'm not on period. At first I thought I might be peeing my pants, but then I looked at it and it started happening 3 to 4 times a day and I asked my mom about it, but she says its just discharge, I don't know though. It's gross. I want it out and I've heard from tons of women that they've taken theirs out themselves, but I'm scared about it. I'd rather have my doctor do it, but he's a firm believer in telling my mom everything and I'd rather be on the pill, but my mom won't let me since I pregnant on it. I'm not comfortable with the NUVA Ring, and I can't get the depo shot due to my hormones(they reject things I guess?), and I'm allergic to condoms, so this is my only choice if I continue to have sex. But I HATE it! Is there anything else? (Besides being abstinent.)