View Single Post
January 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
Oh word... this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Reme. He's also a "I'm going to pick up the lego's one.single.piece.at.a.time... kid. We had to buy him a mini dustpan to have it take a fraction of the time. And even then at first he tried to start putting them on the pan one at a time.
That's too funny. S actually picks them up somewhat quickly (for his age and the fact that he has tiny hands) but he gripes and moans and complains the ENTIRE time. At his age, I just care that he does it, so I mostly ignore the whining or respond with, "I'm sorry that you hate it." or "I know, buddy. It stinks when we have to do things that aren't fun, doesn't it?" or "You're cleaning up the toys because it was you who was playing with them." or if it's late, or the mess is a little huge, "I will help you with your blocks if you finish picking up the trains and the tracks." The biggest thing with him is that if no one supervises him, he'll sometimes get distracted and just start playing with the toys instead of putting them back into the bins.

It sounds like you guys have a pretty good system worked out. I hope that it helps!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!