View Single Post
January 8th, 2013, 02:56 AM
I just want to commend you for being so completely and utterly honest with us all here. I think that what you experienced is far more common than anyone would really admit.

I definitely had my share of absolutely losing it inside my own mind and needing to take a time out myself. So, it sounds like that's what you did. Next time, you'll know that when you start to feel that upset, it's just time to put the baby down in a safe place, walk away, and take a few deep breaths yourself. My midwives would always say anytime I thought about telling my son to take a deep breath as he was an infant, I should really be telling that to myself.

I don't think that you're on the path to some horrible psychological or harmful or abusive issue or anything at all. I think if you feel like telling your wife, she might not be so upset hearing it, because she's probably felt the same at some point as well. Really just hang in there. Remember to take deep breaths and time outs when you need them and know that eventually, you'll be able to converse with your daughter, sleep will be easier and everything will be a lot better. Good luck.