View Single Post
January 8th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Robyn the ped said at his 2 mo checkup that we would discuss starting cereal at 4 mo but I'm not doing that. He does have his next appt on Friday the 18th.

3 months, 3 weeks, 5 days

This momma did not have a good night.

Jordan had just fallen asleep at 4pm when I picked him up at daycare at 4:15. Then they woke him up and he was all smiles He didn't sleep at home after that so I thought everything would be great last night.

He got tired around 6:30, so we gave him his bath, got him dressed in his jammies, and I nursed him before bed. He fell asleep at 7:20, which gave me time to make my lunch, straighten up the house a bit, shower, and have some down time before going to sleep. Went to sleep at 9, and little man woke up at 9:30 Kinda saw that coming but Jordan ate for a but and fell back to sleep 15 minutes later.

Sure enough, he woke back up 3 hours later at 12:30. No big deal, he ate some more and drifted back after 20 or so minutes. Then 3 hours later, at 3:30am, he woke up. At first it was ok because I coaxed him back to sleep without picking him up. As soon as I got back in bed he cried again. So I fed him and he fell asleep within 10 minutes. Put him down and he cries. I pick him up, he falls asleep in my arms. Put him down and he wakes up. Lather, rinse, and repeat about 3 times, with more times at the boob in there, but he kept pulling away. It ended with me crying at 4:10 in the glider trying to feed him. DH must have heard me on the baby monitor and came in and took the baby. He told me to go back to bed and he tried to get Jordan back to sleep. I cried for a bit in bed and ended up calling out from work since I had to be up 15 minutes later.

DH had taken Jordan downstairs because he seemed to want to play (I didn't tell him that that would be a bad move and only encourage his 3am wake up...). I told him to bring Jordan back in bed with me. Jordan slept next to me and nursed a bit and DH and I got more sleep. Alarm went off at 5:30 and he didn't want to get up so I set it for 7. J-man stayed asleep. DH got up at 7 and me and the baby stayed in bed. He ate more and we both slept another hour before DH got him ready for daycare.

Yes, I stayed home from work and Jordan still went to daycare. I feel bad but I need a me day. We get charged for the week regardless if Jordan misses a day (unless it's a planned vacation), and I got really upset with him last night (shame on me) that I thought it best if he go and I get some time to myself for once. I'm going to pump like normal and I also have some things I've wanted to do around the house (like finally get my clothes away) and then I'll pick up Jordan later.

I hit a breaking point last night but I hope I can deal with the 3am wake up better in the future. It's also not good that the past 2 work days I started to doze on the way home..it was really scary yesterday and I need to figure out what I can do to stay awake while driving in the afternoon.

Anyway, that's my update and I feel like a crap mom. I just keep trying to tell myself that this is temporary, he will sleep longer eventually, and no matter what I love my little guy!