View Single Post
January 8th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Scooter!
You are NOT a crap mom, you need to make sure YOU are healthy and rested to be able to care for your son. Don't even THINK about feeling bad about calling out from work and taking a day to yourself. We are human, remember that.

I know it's not the same, but it's the closest I can relate right now, but I have done this with my dogs, especially Max. They are both geriatric (i.e. that technically means they are considered older for their size than a "senior" dog). Max is blind, deaf, missing one eye, missing 2 toes, has sundowners/dementia, and a host of other issues. I have to give him 4 meds a day, 2x a day, and he sometimes has accidents in the house. He can't go down the steps himself (he can go up though!). (First you might think, is this quality of life?? Well, yes, aside from all the bad I just pointed out, he's actually pretty darn happy, he's just annoying!!).

So when DH gets home from work sometimes, I shove Max at him and go in my bedroom and shut the door. At this point, Max has been whining and circling and slipping on the floor for 2-3 hours b/c of his dementia and I just need a break. I feel like a bad mommy, but sometimes, we just hit our breaking point. We have left them in the kennel for an extra day sometimes on the tail end of a vacation, just to have that little extra break.

So, ya, it's not the same, but I get it. Take the time for you. YOU need to rejuvenate, and make yourself feel better in order to be the best mommy to Jordan, so I actually think it's a great thing that you are taking this time for YOU.

Hope you get some things done and get some rest today.

xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here