View Single Post
January 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM
~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedtoamountie View Post
Two of my cousins just delivered their three babies at 24 weeks 5 days and almost 29 weeks (twins) and they keep telling me that my baby should come by 37 weeks so I don't need to count right until 40 weeks for my DD, I just laugh and tell them they are crazy. They can keep their 2lb babies, I love my healthy happy chubby post-due-date babies
Oh my goodness! As if that's normal?!? I'm sure their babies were in the NICU for weeks/months? How can anyone go through that and come out on the other side thinking everything was okay? I would think they would be desiring of a full term baby!

My first came at 37 weeks on the dot, weighed 6.5 lbs, and he had breathing complications that kept him in the hospital for a week. It was really stressful! My second was 10 days late, weighed 8.5 lbs, and he was SO much healthier and sturdier! I couldn't get over his strength! It was amazing! It made that extra time so worth it!

I will admit that I was "over it" for the last few weeks with my second because I had been in labor for over 5 weeks by the time he was born. THAT is what I was tired of. But not the pregnancy in general.

Anyway, I hope I have more patients this time if I go late, having been through it once already.