View Single Post
January 9th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For me it was just a feeling that I knew it was the right thing to do. I wanted the experience of natural childbirth and I had no clue I was going to become addicted. I actually said that I wanted to have one natural childbirth just to have the experience and then I'd have an epidural with all my other ones . This was before I started doing all of my research into pit and csection rates.

Once I became pregnant I knew my doctors weren't taking care of me and I my experience was lacking. I figured if my care sucked now how would labor and delivery be? Plus my cousin had delivered at the same hospital and I was with her for her birth. She had planned a natural labor and they threw her birth plan out the window so I knew already I was fighting an up hill battle but I still really wasn't committed. I went to my 24 week apt with a list of questions I had because I knew I would need to fire them off quickly at my doctor to get them answered. I never made it to my third one she rushed in and out so fast. I was done. I wasn't so much sold on the natural route at that point as I was the care the midwives give. Once I went to the birth center though I was never going anywhere else.