View Single Post
January 9th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For the past two or three days I have been out of control with agitation and anger. I turn from calm and happy to screaming and ready to tear my hair out instantly. My 7 yr old son is usually what spurs me to anger - he refuses to listen and follow rules, deliberately disobeys me and argues. This is something that has been getting worse for a few months now and I've always found a way of managing it; sitting him down and having him explain to me why he behaves the way he does and then talking about ways of changing.

But lately, I can't muster patience. I'm screaming at him at the first offense and not even trying to have a rational conversation. I get on the phone with DH (who is out of town for work for 3 weeks) and tell him how horrible I have been and instead of talking to me about how to manage, he tells me I've lost control of our son and I'm not disciplining enough. I got so angry on the phone this morning when he told me I needed to relax I hung up on him.

I'm sorry to be venting. I don't know where to turn or who to talk to. I feel like I'm going to explode into pieces at any moment.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013