View Single Post
January 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
For me it was my experiences with giving birth. My first four were hospital births. Only one (the third) was actually an outright horrible experience, the others were just vaguely disappointing somehow. I know many women manage to have natural births in the hospital, but I never did. The fourth time I was very well informed, well prepared, no complications, and I had an OB that (I thought) was 100% supportive of our wishes. I still ended up having my water broken artificially, confined to bed, cathed because I wasn't "allowed" to get up to the bathroom, constant fetal monitoring, pitocin, episiotomy. Yeah, he still let DH catch the baby, but that was just about the ONLY thing we had requested that he actually honored. So when I was pregnant with my 5th I finally convinced DH that homebirthing would be the way to go.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!