View Single Post
January 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
(formerly junie22)
Great update, Dani. I'm glad last night was better.

I don't know if you saw in my journal, but a friend recommended drinking Gatorade to boost supply. I didn't think much of it, but I tried it this week. I pump three times per day at work. I would always pump the most in my morning session, and then just four ounces mid-day and four ounces in the late afternoon, sometimes only three ounces. I started drinking a bottle of Gatorade each day, and I was able to pump 6 1/2 ounces still during the afternoon session. I was stoked! So you might just give it a shot and see if it helps you too.

I know what you mean about establishing bad habits by letting him sleep with you. I'm right there with you. I never planned to co-sleep; quite the opposite. It's just ended up working best for us for the time being. I also wanted to transition him to his crib when he was sleeping for longer periods of time at night. However, that's still not happening on a regular basis. I know we'll get there. The last thing I want is a three-year-old who still wants to sleep with his parents. But I need sleep and Jack needs sleep, and I'm just resolved to doing it this way for now.