View Single Post
January 11th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I had vbac 18 months after my c-section. I was concerned I would have a problem with that small of a gap, but it wasn't an issue. I was told they don't worry unless it's less than 12 months. Hopefully that's the case were you live!

Giving birth has risks no matter how it's done. The doctor I'm currently seeing (hoping for a 2nd vbac in March) said out of the 20 years she's been doing this the few uterine ruptures she has seen were only from woman who had never had a c-section.

A c-section is not guaranteed to be safer. My own c-section baby had to be kept in the nursery for very closer monitoring because she had trouble breathing due to the nurses being too rough suctioning the fluids out which caused her throat and nose to swell almost shut. She had xrays of her lungs done. They tried all sorts of drops, a humidifier, elevating her bed, suctioning more (which they finally realized made it worse)... it was stressful and scary. In a vaginal birth the fluids are squeezed out on the way through the canal, but in a c-section the nurses have to suction it. It was extremely nice with my vbac to hold my baby immediately and then have him with me in my room for pretty much the entire short hospital stay.

Good luck and I hope you find a great doctor to help you vbac!