View Single Post
January 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Nicole
For our boys we used family names for middle names. My oldest is Jonathan, which was just a name I had always liked and one that DH would actually agree on. His middle name is Tyler, which is DH's name. My youngest is Peyton. Kind of dorky, but I picked the name when I was watching TV one day and a commercial came on with Peyton Manning. This was about a year or so before I was even pregnant with him, but I decided then and there if we ever had another boy his name would be Peyton. I told DH he had no say, but luckily he liked the name, too, lol. His middle name is Louis, after my uncle who passed away before I was born.

As for this time around ... we have a list of names that we've both agreed on, but nothing that has stuck out as "that's our baby!" DH wants to use Flora as part of a girl's name because of this older woman who babysat him when he was little. She was like a grandma to him, and she passed away several years ago. I only met her once but she seemed like a pretty awesome lady.

Anywho, that was my long way of saying I totally get using family names, because we do that, too. And I understand about wanting to represent both sides. We've talked about using two middle names, one from each side, since this will be our last. Again, nothing definite, though. I don't think it is at all selfish to feel the way you do. It's your child's name ... you all have to live with whatever you choose for a long time. It can seem daunting to try and come up with something, especially if neither can agree. Hopefully you'll get lucky like we did with Peyton and something with just click for you!