View Single Post
January 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I vaccinate on time. I work in health care and I've asked a lot of the docs I work with (because I trust them over someone who I feel sometimes try to push things) and they all feel that vaccinating is a better alternative to coming down with a disease or sickness that could be deadly or life-changing. This is with the exception of the flu shot. I get the flu shot because of my grandparents. I don't want to possibly expose them to something when their health is already ailing.

I don't take issue with people who don't vaccinate though (or co-sleep, or cry it out, or breastfeed, or what have you). I honestly think there is far too much judging that goes on with these things. Most of us are just doing what works best for us and our families. I think it is important to respect and support each other rather than tear each other down and make them feel bad for their choices.

The truth is, we just don't know for sure. I feel like so many of these studies (both ways) are flawed. I don't think there is a ton of unbiased research out there, even if it is supposed to be.