View Single Post
January 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So you still have some time! You really could go on your own before then. I would keep doing the massage, walk a ton, and do some positioning work from spinningbabies.com. I would also try my hardest to get an appointment to chat with the doctor on call. Even if it means telling the doctors at your hospital that you are going to flat out refuse to be induced by a doctor you have never met unless there is an indication of distress. Maybe they can push the other office to give you an appointment?

Otherwise you could assume that an induction would mean an IV, continuous monitoring, and being confined to the area around the bed. Even in that case, you should still be able to walk around the bed, lean against the wall, labor sitting, labor in any lying position, labor leaning backwards over the back of the bed, labor in a rocker or other chair, or labor on a birthing ball.

And in that case, I would make sure you know what questions you want to ask the day of a potential induction... which meds? what doses? what time limits are they putting on you? And make sure they get your consent before changing or starting any meds.

I really hope you get the birth you want!