View Single Post
January 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
4 months old

Well, Jordan caught his first cold from daycare
I picked him up on Friday and he had a nasty cough, the sniffles, and his voice is just weak BUT happy as a clam!

He was the same way yesterday, but I made a doctors appt since his cough is so bad, and his temp was 100 degrees. Unfortunately there isn't much they can do for a viral cold, but they did tell me what to watch for and to call if his temp hits 102 or is still there by Tuesday. I just forgot to ask what meds I can take in case I have the same symptoms. But he was still smiley and otherwise normal, so I didn't feel too bad when DH and I went through with our date plans and dropped Jordan off at my parents last night. It was nice to get out and enjoy a cocktail. And his fever broke without me having to give him Tylenol.

And now today... We didn't get home until after midnight. Jordan stayed asleep in his carseat while I pumped a bottle, then I fed him and put him to bed in his crib around 1. He stayed asleep until 5am but poor little guy would have some coughing fits that he stayed asleep through but freaked me out where I kept going into his room to check on him and his breathing I was actually happy to bring him in bed at 5.

We stayed asleep until 11 then and he woke up with all smiles His temp was 99.9 this am so I gave him some Tylenol. He was ok for a little while other than coughing a lot more but he got grumpy about an hour ago when he was having a hard time going to sleep for a nap. I had to turn out the lights and lay him next to me on the couch so he could comfort nurse under a blanket. My arm fell asleep but I really do love cuddling up with him When he wakes up I will check his temp again and if he still has a fever then DH will be calling out of work for Monday to stay with him. I wish I could but things are pretty hectic for me at the office and I have too many deadlines to hit already.

So that's my update. He turned 4 months today and is sick However, I have noticed that he doesn't fit into some of his 0-3 mo clothes, so later this week and this weekend i'll be switching him to his 3-6 mo clothes! And in the next day or so we will be out of size 1 diapers and he'll be in size 2!

10/01/15 @ 8.5 weeks
11/17/15 @ 4 weeks (chemical)
1/25/16 @ 4.5 weeks
3/07/16 @ 5.5 weeks

Struggling with how much more my heart can take.