View Single Post
January 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Just a little bit of hope for those who are in my situation...

At 6 weeks with my first pregnancy, I started bleeding, and it was bright red and there was lots of it. My family tends to have a lot of miscarriages, so I was absolutely sure that was what was happening. I went in for an ultrasound and I remember how serious and quiet the tech got when he saw the monitor. He immediately sent me upstairs to talk to my doctor. I had a large hematoma and my doctor tried to politely tell me to prepare to lose the baby, telling me when to come in to the hospital and where I could get some comfort and help. I went home, positive that the pregnancy wouldn't last.

Somehow, day after day, I stayed pregnant. I kept bleeding and there was a lot of it and it was always bright red. My appointments kept going well and the baby kept growing, which surprised my doctor. The bleeding stopped at 17 weeks, about the same time that my nausea stopped. The SCH had thinned and shrunk.

I delivered a healthy and perfect baby girl at 39 weeks, 5 days. I did nothing different during my pregnancy--light exercise, I kept working and going to school. Sometimes the result is not in our hands, which is frustrating, but I just want to give hope that this situation can turn out well. My sympathies to those who haven't had a good outcome.