View Single Post
January 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
4 months, 1 day

My baby did not have a good night

After his nap yesterday he was fine until he got tired again, so I put him to bed around 8:30. He fell asleep pretty quickly and stayed asleep until after 11pm despite him still having a few coughing fits. I decided to just bring him to our bed then rather than early in the am, especially since I keep worrying about his breathing.

He woke up at least once every hour, sometimes more than once. There was at least one whole hour that I was completely awake because Jordan kept coughing on and off and wouldn't stay asleep very long His nose was all messy too so I think that had a lot to do with it. So I got very little sleep, but fortunately I can function for today; I feel fine actually but I know 2 days in a row of this would not be good. I joked with DH that Jordan's birthday gift to me was some special 1-on-1 time throughout the night

Jordan woke up when I got done getting ready for work, so I took him to his room and fed him, and he fell right back to sleep. DH said he stayed asleep for about an hour and a half, then he took a whole bottle and fell asleep again. His temp was 99.6 when he woke up for good at 8.

I just got off the phone with DH and he said that Jordan has been fussing the last 2 hours and wouldn't settle down (like what he did with me yesterday afternoon), so he strapped him in the carseat and went for a drive. Now (at noon) Jordan is out like a light and DH gets some peace I really hope he stays asleep until at least 3:30 or 4, that way I can be there when he wakes up (or shortly thereafter). He will get his temp checked again this evening...if he has a fever then I'll have to stay home tomorrow and get him back to the doctor. If he has another bad night of sleep then I'll probably have to stay home anyway.

I think the cold is finally taking it's toll on him... I just miss my smiley happy baby