View Single Post
  #1  
January 14th, 2013, 05:47 PM
DownNotOut DownNotOut is offline
Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 493
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just learned today that we may have to use donor sperm with IVF and it came as a bit of a shock. I haven't even had a chance to talk it over with my husband yet (he's still at work), but just wanted to see if anyone on here has gone through something similar.

We recently found out that my husband's motility wouldn't allow for natural pregnancy and combined with some issues I have (Natural Killer Antibodies, low progesterone etc), we've been told IVF would be the best (only) option for us.

After a repeat sperm analysis, we have been bumped from our initial Feb IVF cycle date in order to see if some supplements may help my husbands' numbers (on the latest analysis he had no motile sperm.) So, now we're waiting for the April IVF date, but in the meantime, our doctor told us that we also need to decide if we're willing to use donor sperm in case his numbers do not improve by the time we do the retrieval.

So, now, I'm a) sad that we can't do the Feb IVF cycle and b) completely confused as to what to think about sperm donation.

While ideally I'd love to have a child that's biologically my husband and mine, I know I will love our child regardless of genetics. However, I'm worried about how my husband will feel.

Has anyone been through anything like this? Any words of advice?

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Ingrid
Reply With Quote