View Single Post
January 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Formerly Halfbaked
My last baby was a dream epidural. It was more like a walking epidural so I could still move my legs, feel to push, or in my case scream at them that the baby was coming.

My first baby I couldn't feel anything. Didn't know when to push. My second, they were too slow and I had him without an epi, although I then got one because I retained the placenta, so I had all the pain and then still couldn't move after. My third was great but again, couldn't move after. My 4th I knew something was wrong. The epi felt weird. I ended up getting a spinal headache that they misdiagnosed and sent me home with. After a week of lying flat on the floor, I had a blood patch done. It was great for about 24hrs, then it came back. I then had to have a 2nd one done. My 5th baby, the epididn't take, which was a good thing because I had a placental abruption and was able to feel it to tell them something was wrong. My 6th I had an epi that worked well. And then my last. All of mine were inductions and all I got an epi early in case I needed a c_section.
Honestly, if I had a choice, I'd get a walking epidural. I did the no epi twice and it wasn't pleasant. The bad epi's weren't pleasant either but I have no lasting back pain or side effects. I am debating whether an epi or knocking me completely out will be better this time. I've never had asection.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page