View Single Post
January 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Team Blue Mama of Two
This is not a recipe per se, but if any of you are working moms, this was one of my favorite things to pack for lunch at work.
In the brown bag:
1 whole avocado
1 small tomato, or a serving of chunky salsa
handful of parmesan shredded or the kind you sprinkle
small pepper shaker

At lunch, cut the avocado in half, pit it, and fill it with the chopped tomato or salsa, parmesan, pepper and any other "fillers" you want to add (a squirt of lime juice is yummy too!). Eat it all directly from the avocado shell with a spoon. For additional tummy filling goodness, pair it with half of a whole wheat english muffin spread with one triangle of laughing cow cheese, and a glass of kefir in your favorite flavor (if you haven't tried kefir, it is extremely satisfying, and good for you!)

And since I am a snacker, here are some of my favorite healthy snacks:
Wrap one jack cheese stick, or regular string cheese stick in a slice of smoked turkey and eat

Slice an apple and top with a small sprinkle of brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon, and a teeny bit of butter (optional). Microwave for 30 seconds, or until the toppings have melted.

And for those with a sweet tooth, I have not tried this, so I cannot vouch for it, but I read that you can take a whipped cream canister and squirt dollops on a waxed cookie sheet and freeze them to make meringues...