View Single Post
January 15th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, Ingrid.

We too used donor sperm to conceive our DS. We found out after many months of TTC that DH has a genetic issue he was born with resulting in zero sperm. Our decision was IUI using donor sperm. We are hoping to do another couple of cycles this summer using the same donor for #2. With us, it was a shock finding out we had no chance at ever having a biological child from the 2 of us. DH immediately wanted us to consider using donor sperm, no hesitation at all. He said our children will be his children regardless of how we get to have them.

Dasiee37 says the rest of it perfectly, and sums up what I would say too. Donor selection and even the bank selection was a little strange at first narrowing it down. We decided on one that matched a lot of the physical characteristics of DH, particularly his ethnicity. Deciding whether to tell the children and/or family is another decision. We also will tell our DS when he's older. I'm not sure how to do this yet, but I'm sure to figure out a way.

And the Nurture versus Nature - 100% agree with how Dasiee states this. It's amazing to watch DS act so much like DH and the relationship they have just takes my breath away. I don't regret our decision at all and hope that we will be blessed with a sibling for DS to.

Good luck to you!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!