View Single Post
January 16th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're at this point Hitting a year is hard for anyone who has to get there! You're definitely not alone. Thing is, you see alot more pregnancy announcements than infertility announcements, so it seems like you're by yourself on this journey. It's a taboo topic for alot of people, so not everyone is open to talking about it. This is probably why this board (and the dozens/hundreds others like it) are so popular. It's a place where you can vent, hope, cry, and celebrate. Without worrying about what somebody else might say or think.

It's scary to start testing. You just never know what they might find. Or not find (because that's scary too). It doesn't mean that you have to start treatment right away, or at all. It can't hurt to find out, but it certainly might help! Have you considered seeing a Naturopathic Doctor? They can help with natural treatments without pumping you full of drugs. They can work together with your RE as well if you do decide to go that route.

Good luck! I hope that you don't end up needing the testing

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?