Topic: RSV
View Single Post
January 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Friday Jordan came home from daycare with a horrible cough, but otherwise normal. Saturday he sounded worse and he had a fever, so to the doc we went. She said it was viral and we can't give him anything. She said to call if his fever hit 102 or if he still had a fever by Tuesday.

Jordan was fine until Sunday evening when he got grumpy and had a hard time going down for a nap. He still had on and off fevers so DH stayed home with him Monday. Still feverish and worse Tuesday so I stayed home and made an appointment for him again. The ped said she thought it was RSV and to call if he got worse. She said to keep doing what we were doing and make sure he wasn't dehydrated and breathing ok. She said most babies his age with RSV get hospitalized.

Well 3am Wednesday morning Jordan woke up with a coughing fit, and ended up throwing up 4 times before finally eating a bit and falling asleep DH stayed home again and I called the doc. She ordered an RSV test and they went to the hospital. Got the results last night and he was positive for RSV

We still can't give him anything and have to watch closely for the breathing and fluid intake. He has a little wheeze and his fever was gone for a whole day, but its back today and he's been sleeping a lot during the day.

So I'm home with him today and tomorrow, and I'm just praying he gets better over the weekend. Has anyone else dealt with RSV in a baby so young? Anything else we can do to help him? We have a cool mist humidifier in his room now and he woke up 6 times last night, 3 of which he was coughing so badly trying to get the mucus out