View Single Post
January 18th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well the volunteer Doula program will not be happening. I'm really put off by the conversation we had because the lady never gave me a chance after finding out I had an 11month old. I've been working full time since he was three months old but for some reason she thought me volunteering twice a month as a doula would be just too much too handle as a mother..... What???? She thought I should look into it when he was older. I pushed that aside and she then asked about my schedule. I said I went to school two afternoons a week but I'm free all the rest of the days a month including Thursdays through the weekends. Oh NO!!! They specifically don't like it when people are looking to be weekend Doulas. Basically anything I said was a No. Ugh. What was the point? She emailed me all week to set up this phone call. I woke up early from sleeping cause I'm working nights to do this and this is what happened. To say I was pissed because this is something I really wanted is an understatement. I really wanted to gain this experience and work with these moms. And then to tell me I couldn't do it because I have an 11m old is a slap in the face.

Sorry just really needed to vent. So off to plan B I guess.... Which I haven't figured out yet. I'm going to look into a Doula Workshop that's coming up. I really didn't want to spend the money but I think I'm going to go for it. Then I'll spread the word the best I can that I'm offering my services for free while I gain experience?