View Single Post
January 19th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have to go through all of this.

I don't have all the same experiences you have had, but I commend your ability to endure the stress of the pregnancies. I have had 3 children with what my OB considers not normal pregnancies and 2 miscarriages. I endured the stress of PTL and pending miscarriages with my third and decided to have a tubal because of it. I also ended up having IUGR with her (due to placental infarctions).

I don't have any easy answers. The road is very stressful (as you well know) and I hope you have very few problems. In terms of what to do for the future, that is something to get advice from your doctor what you could expect should you maintain the quiverful beliefs about pregnancy and how that could impact your life (and your family's lives). Then you and your DH need to discuss what is best for you two and your family.

I can't proclaim to have a full understanding about quiverful lifestyles, but completely understand the Catholic conservative one. I thought my mother would disown me for having my tubes tied, but she supported me for it. Yes, tubals go against the Catholic beliefs (and I couldn't have it down at the Catholic hospital either), but I believe that God gives us the intelligence to use science for the benefit and health of society. Sometimes that is God's plan for us.

Good luck, and I will be praying for you. KUP