View Single Post
January 20th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just found out that Medina has some of the top rated schools in all of Ohio...

And then I found this house in Medina... (I really need to stop!) $74,900!!!! That's less than the down payment we need here to buy a house!

221 North Elmwood Avenue, Medina OH - Trulia

And the thing is...it's ONLY 5 hours away from here. We could visit my family once a month if I wanted to. Arg. This is killing me.

I hear you, PurpleStar. I could never live away from family. It's so hard to be isolated and not have your kids around their grandparents/uncles/aunts/etc. And the thing is, my husband feels exactly the same as I do about all this. He's sick to death of living in my parent's house, and he's having a hard time coming to grips with the cost of living here. He's not super close to his mom, so he doesn't feel the strong desire to live near her like I do with my family...but..but...only 5 hours! And honestly...as much as I love my parents...they're not really into the whole grandparent thing. They're very strict with DD, never want to play with her...kind of "children should be seen and not heard" sort of people. My mother-in-law has her faults, but she's super-grandma. She adores DD with all her heart, and already loves baby #2, even though it's not here yet! It would be nice for my kids to have that kind of relationship.