View Single Post
January 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It can happen to the best of us hun, and he's ok, that's the important thing. And healthcare professionals are trained to look for signs of abuse - you are obviously torn up about this, and it was clearly an accident. Anyone should be able to see that.

When DD was about 3, I had just taken a pot of pasta off the stove and turned to dump it in the sink. While I had my back turned, DD toddled over to the stove and put her hand flat on the burner I had just turned off. It was bad enough to blister and was sore for a week. The urgent care never jumped to conclusions about it being abuse, and believe me I felt like the worst mother in the world. But it was an accident. Accidents happen.

Burns are some of the most painful injuries you can sustain, and the pain lingers for a LONG time. If he was OK after just a a little while, then it can't have been that bad. Little ones are definitely more sensitive to hot temps, but it was probably more of a shock than anything else.

You did the right thing, and I'm sure now that it's happened once you'll be vigilant in ensuring that it doesn't happen again. He's ok, you're ok. No worries.