View Single Post
January 21st, 2013, 11:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
You should totally go for it!!! I've thought about becoming some sort of birth worker too. I'm planning to wait until I'm done having kids and we've moved to somewhere more permanent. My LLL leader is a doula. She has six kids and home schools too, so it is doable. She just has to be really selective about clients since she has limited time. She's also worked out a bunch of babysitters since she can get called away at a moment's notice. My midwife has three elementary aged kids and she attends multiple births a month, services 2 counties, and has never missed a birth. I know she also has tons of babysitters lined up so she can be out the door when she needs to be. It might take more planning than it would for someone with no kids, but don't let that stop you!
Thank you. I'm going to talk to some moms this week at a play group I found and see what they know in this area. I'm really looking to gain experience and not a career which is why the volunteer thing was awesome. Well see. I'm going to keep looking around.