Topic: Your kids?
View Single Post
January 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap View Post
There is an excellent book that I just finished reading about that very theory, called "Origins" by Annie Murphy Paul: Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives: Annie Murphy Paul: Amazon.com: Books There is a LOT of research that shows that a mother's diet, environment, experiences, and even emotions during pregnancy can have a tremendous and lifelong impact on her baby. The truth that scientists are now discovering is that the whole "nature v. nurture" debate was always misframed, because the reality is that genes and the environment interact with one another. A baby is conceived with a certain set of genes, but then those genes can be either 'turned on' or 'turned off' in response to environmental cues (including environmental cues passed down through the mother during her pregnancy). I highly recommend this book! It's a fascinating read.
I've really been looking into this and plan to do even MORE with my next pregnancy. I feel like I did the best that I knew to do with my last pregnancy. We're currently planning to start ttc and I"m already gearing my body up readying it for pregnancy. I want this womb to be perfect lol! I plan to eat better than I did and work out more than I did and just overall do a better job at keeping me healthy. I could have done more last time knowing what I now know. I love my son's disposition and personality but I'm trying to make sure I get that again lol.