View Single Post
January 21st, 2013, 11:08 PM
DOh!
Pretty soon we'll be having a lot of dr appointments, so our schooling will be pretty chaotic.
That's definitely one thing I don't miss about them being in PS, having to explain and get excuses for every.single.day.off. And then not being able to always take off when needed, just because. I mean, really, who doesn't need a mental health day now and again?

Considering how many appointments we have, and the fact that when Alyssia gets sick she's usually out of commission for a good couple weeks not just a day or two...it got to be a royal pain. They even tried to take me to truancy court once, lol. Well once for each girl, so, twice. Idiots, lol. The court officer told me to make sure to bring medical records. I brought in 3 six inch thick binders, who knows how many folders, and a small tote full of other papers. The judge laughed and said "usually, we waive these things anyway, the policy is stupid, but I can see you've planned for everything". That's where the "trial" ended, the first time. The second time, we didn't even get that far. I think the school gave up even bothering to try after that.