Topic: Shopping woes
View Single Post
January 22nd, 2013, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
We also built our house and had the builder install blinds and add to the cost of the house. Is that an option?
Not sure, but we already signed the papers with all of the options included. I think that would probably end up costing more anyway. I found a good deal on Blindster, they are just more than I realized. They wouldn't be so bad if that was all I had to buy, but with all of the new furniture, it adds up. When we lived in VA, we had a 2 bedroom condo. It was the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, and living room. Right now we are in a 3 BR townhouse, which is pretty much the same with an extra bedroom. The table and chairs set we have is a hand me down that's in pretty bad shape that we've been tolerating since we got married. The new house has a formal dining room and breakfast nook, so it makes 2 dining sets we need. Our couch is also falling apart (we only have one bc that's all that would ever fit where we've lived) and the new house has a family room, living room, and sunroom, so that's a lot of new seating to buy. This house is just a BIG upgrade from anywhere else we've lived in our adult lives, so we have to come up with A LOT of new furniture. We're going to have to prioritize (we decided blinds and breakfast table first) and then buy another piece of furniture every time we get paid. It is just so much fun looking at stuff online and planning to furnish the house that I just wish I could do it all at once!