View Single Post
September 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a DIL who loves and adores both my own mother and my MIL!! They are two absalutely beautiful women and I know without a doubt that when my 3 month old son is with either one of them, he is nothing less than 100% safe and completely cared for and doted on!!

Currently I am home alone with my two teens, (whom I have from a previous marriage), and DH and our 3 month old son that he and I have together are at his Mom's house, spending 5 days there.

I miss my son and my DH...but it's giving me time to 'regroup' and to spend some 'quality time' with my teens that I don't normally get to do when our little man is around! I truly appreciate the time 'off' and I know that my MIL is in heaven at having so much time with her gs.

My Mom spent almost 3 weeks here when our son was born; and in that time my MIL also came over and my Mom stepped quietly aside to give the other Grandma time alone with our littest one.

I say don't give up!! Continue to work on your relationship with your DIL as this is definitely the key as well.

Belle.