View Single Post
January 22nd, 2013, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
thanks for the advice, I agree our vehicles are taking up way too much of our income. My husband's pickup was a lease and then he bought it out so we have been paying on it for soooo long. My vehicle was purchased when we had a lot more money coming in. they are both 4 wheel drive vehicles which is a must since we live in North Dakota. which is why we spend so much in gas. we will probably be more at like $250 in gas this month we have reallly been trying to watch where we go and if it is necessary. considering that's down from $450a month i'm excited about that.

I talked with my husband and he looked at the numbers and realized we need to start spending less (especially at the hockey games!!!)

target and walmart here are comparable in prices for most things. way less than grocery stores here. there are still a few things I grab at walmart because they are cheaper. the last few months my target runs have been more like $500 per month and I'm going to try to take that down in the $400's this next month.

getting life insurance has been on my to do list for so long and I really need to get going. i'm slightly ashamed that it's been almost 3 years and I still haven't gotten it done.

cable and internet is our entertainment so I just don't know if I can part with that one. but I will look at other packages

I will be getting a raise in february and I know that I will get more hours at work. I just really want to get our spending under control