View Single Post
January 22nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
momneedscoffee13's Avatar
momneedscoffee13 momneedscoffee13 is offline
SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,631
Send a message via MSN to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Yahoo to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Skype™ to momneedscoffee13
So I FINALLY had my first appointment with the new doctor yesterday. It's been since week 12 that I've been because of the change in insurance and moving, etc. So for my first appointment, I didn't meet with my actual doctor (who is very supportive of VBACs), but instead met with a midwife in the practice, who is not so much supportive.

So anyway, she gave me "ultimatums" in order to have my VBAC. They will not induce me, they will not attempt to change baby's position if they are sunny side up, etc, and I have to go into labor before 41 weeks, or they will push another c/s. Luckily, I've been talking with my ICAN ladies and they said that my actual doctor is not so strict, and it's on a case by case basis, but she has done external versions and tried to flip baby, etc. I'm hoping that I won't have to just stop going to appointments at 41 weeks and just pray that baby decides to come on their own.

My concern is that Connor was going on a week late when we decided to induce, because my BP shot up in the last few weeks of pregnancy. And he was also sunny side up....which I'm hoping is why he got stuck and I ended up in a c/s. But time will tell and I guess we'll see what happens.

The good news is that they squeezed me in on Thursday for an ultrasound!! Yippee!! Hoping baby decides to show us the goods, I can't wait to find out what I'm having!!! If we don't find out on Thursday, then I'll schedule a 3D ultrasound next month. I hate waiting!!

Reply With Quote