View Single Post
January 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Life insurance is easy to get and typically very cheap. We have $500K policies for my husband and I EACH, plus a $10K rider policy for our son and we only spend $25 per month for all 3 policies.

Well, you can ditch cable and use free things like Hulu, or cheaper thigns like Netflix. I know a ton of people that have dropped cable/satellite and save a good $80-$100 per month doing it and yet they still watch shows on the computer via the network sites or via Hulu and/or Netflix.

The cars you could easily get a better deal. I had an SUV 4 wheel drive and where I did not finance it, if I had, it would have only been $250 per month. So, maybe sell the truck private party and find a used truck that is cheaper. You could easily get your car payment down to half of what you pay.

I would also recommend that once you pay off your vehicles you NEVER EVER buy new or finance a vehicel again. Biggest rip off EVER.

And really check out your Walmart and Target. I've lived in 3 states and Target was always a decent amount more expensive (they also do not price match which Walmart does). Check your ads weekly and price match advertised items that are on your list, buy fruits/veggies based on what's on sale, always take a list and if iti sn't on the list it doens't get purchased.

Also, make sure you do a monthly budget written out EVERY SINGLE TIME and then track your spending to make sure you're sticking to it.