View Single Post
January 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm actually in Jacksonville, it's the ICAN group of North Florida that I've been talking to on their facebook group. I'm going to their playgroup meetup tomorrow for the first time! Since I'm still traveling back and forth between NC and FL, it will be hard to make their meetings until I'm down here permanently.

I've thought about a doula. I had one with Connor and it wasn't the best experience. She wasn't fully certified, which we knew and did for the discounted fee...but on top of that she was also pregnant!! So every time we had some big decision to make during labor, she wasn't there (our own fault, we sent her home for rest, she was also sick while pregnant when I was in labor, ugh!)

So I'm debating this time around whether I want to spend the money again or not. I know what I want and I know I will fight for it, so I guess I'm just not sure what more the doula could offer me this time around. But we'll see!!

Thanks for the support, Rochelle! We'll be in Tallahassee a lot next college football season! LOL Dh is a huge Florida State fan and plans on going to a lot of games!