View Single Post
January 23rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I couldn't imagine having my MIL in there with me! Thankfully she has no desire to be there, so it's a non-issue.

With DD I called my mom to let her know when I was in labour and that we'd call her and let her know when the baby was born. She lived 4 hours away, but wanted to come stay and help out for a few days after the birth. Well, instead she showed up exactly 4 and a half hours after I called her. I hadn't planned on having anyone there but DH. I wasn't thrilled that she was there, but labour picked up really quickly right after she arrived, and at that point I just didn't care that much anymore.

The only thing that bothered me was that I felt like I had to censor myself since my mom was in the room. At one point I said "Oh my god" and my mother, who is very religious, looked affronted for a minute and then said, "Yes, that's probably a good name to be calling out to right now." Towards the end, she felt the need to remark that I screamed a lot more than she did with any of her 4 births.