View Single Post
January 23rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Super Mommy
Good topic! Too bad this board is so dead lately though.

Honestly, I think people just like to talk themselves into things. Make themselves feel better about what they are doing. I am a smoker, and I actually can't imagine anyone trying to claim that smoking is equal to non smoking. That is just ludicrous, and you can tell your husband, another smoker said that!

For example, I know I've heard that people have had their doctors tell them that smoking while pregnant as long as they are cutting down until they quit is better than going cold turkey. I still think it's INSANE, but I think the doctors are trying to encourage you.

I could see the same being true for your sister in law. Perhaps she asked the doctor if methadone was safe and he told her it's absolutely as safe as not taking methadone in an effort to keep her drug free. Even though in reality it's pretty obvious that taking nothing is better than methadone... but her reality is different than a drug free persons.

A lot of unhealthy things that people do, they are very well aware they are unhealthy. But they don't want to think about that, and they don't want to think about how it might affect their longevity.

Now I hate to even bring it up, but BF/FF can be different. Yes, breast is best, it can't be denied, but all things aren't equal unless everyone is able to breast feed. Which isn't the case. Some may also argue not everyone is able to quit smoking, but that I disagree with. You just have to want it bad enough.

And I believe everything is debatable Just that certain variables change depending on what logical fallicy we are debating

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.

Last edited by MindyRambo; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:11 PM.