View Single Post
January 25th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just to give an example - I just ordered 20 newborn Alvas (double gusset pockets, suedecloth inners, velcro closure) with inserts and it was under $100. $115 with shipping. Now, my goal is to have closer to 40 NB diapers in my stash, but even if I got all Alvas I'd still only be about $200 deep into my investment. And considering that newborn CDs have a very high resale value (provided you take good care of them), I know that I'll be making a large chunk of that money back once I'm done with them since this will be my last newborn. And let's be honest, 40 diapers is probably overkill but I am a diaper hoarder so that's how I roll . I'm not saying that the cheapie ones are the prettiest, but they do the job and that's what matters to me.

And honestly, don't be afraid to buy used. If you're buying from good people then the diapers will be in clean, usable condition. I was originally freaked out by the idea but I've since learned that it's really safe and inexpensive.

So yeah, just trying to showcase that it is possible to CD on a budget if that's what your goal is.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!