View Single Post
January 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Veteran
Hello friend!

When I was told I'd need a c-section, I kid you not---I started bawling my eyes out! I've not ever had any major surgery my entire life, not even a broken limb---and to be told I was going to have a c/s I was like "WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?" The circumstances of my surgery were hectic (not special, I'm sure many mamas have had this happen)--but I started labor naturally and by hour 12, alarms started going off and add to this--my regular OB was on *vacation* and I didn't even have a clue who this 'on-call' doc was! Turns out my son's cord was wrapped--his oxygen levels were plummetting seemingly out of no where and the doc was like "WE'RE GOING INTO THE OR **STAT**!!!" and I went from having a vaginal delivery to major surgery in less than 5 minutes--my husband was trying to be brave for me, but later on told he he wasn't scared ever as much as that moment in his entire life.

Turns out, in the end, the on-call doc had a better bedside manner than the doctor I had been seeing the entire previous 9 months---and he made me feel protected, assured me and my husband, and I knew my son's life would be safe. I actually went back to him for my 2nd pregnancy, he was THAT good. I didn't have staples to help heal--they used tape, and honestly (and I'm not exaggerating) I never had **ANY** issues with pain as long as I kept up on the pain meds--I was more ticked off that I couldn't drive for three weeks, LOL. I stayed in loose clothing to make life easier once I left the hospital too. I didn't have ANY problems bonding with my son or breastfeeding having gone through this type of delivery.

I wish you ALL the best, mama, I truly do. I have to add to everything that having a GREAT doctor helps tremendously as your mental health will be taken care of as well .