View Single Post
January 26th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
Hi ladies!

DH and I are debating back and forth onThe closest hospital that can deliver with any chance of a complication is 45 min away. There is a hospital that can deliver non-eventful pregnancies about 20 min away. While I don't have any problems with the hospital 45 min away, we are in the process of deciding which hospital and OB group that we want to use.

Choice 1 is the group that delivered my daughter and handled each and every complication. The hospital has a NICU, High Risk Unit etc. I love the drs there and do not have a problem returning to them.

Choice 2 is the group at the hospital where my neurological team is based out of. I do have several neurological issues, including a shunt. When I was pg with my daughter, the OB had to call the neurosurgeon several times during the delivery. This is a teaching hospital, so there would be drs in the hospital should something happen. This hospital also has a children's hospital attached with a wonderful NICU.

Both hospitals are about an hour and a half from my house. The benefit to Option 2 is I am comfortable with my oldest driving in the area with the youngest kids. Hospital 1 area, I am not comfortable with him driving alone in the area.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together