Topic: Naming Logic
View Single Post
January 28th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jaleigh Kathleen- I went to high school with a girl named Jalie and she is the only one I've ever known. I always thought her name was so cool so I suggested it and it just happened to be the only one we could agree on. It is a family tradition on his side of the family to have the -leigh spelling (his mother is Martha Leigh and his sister is Leighann) so we changed the spelling. Kathleen is my middle name and my mother's first name.

Kiefer William- We literally fought tooth and nail for weeks and hated each others suggestions. DF came to bed late one night, woke me up and asked "what about Kiefer?" For some reason, we both instantly knew that was the one. It just clicked. We get asked all the time if he named after Kiefer Sutherland and the funny thing is we didn't even connect the two for several days after making our decision. William is after DF's grandfather who adopted and raised him but passed away before Kiefer was born.

This baby only has a middle name so far (I'm hoping for some "ah ha" moment like with Kiefer). Her middle name will be Ann after DF's grandmother who also adopted and raised him. She passed away in July and was an absolutely wonderful and inspiring woman.