View Single Post
January 28th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, so it's Monday again! Glad to hear school went well for your daughter. Our weekend was sort of a mess. The garbage disposal broke, so DH was busy figuring out how to remove it and replace the piping. We decided not to get a new one. It shouldn't be a super-huge job, but it was certainly a big job with our level of experience. Looks like DH pulled it off though! I rested a lot. I had been feeling so much better before, but the last few days my stomach has been upset feeling again, and I do feel better just resting. The other symptoms now are just more pain along my ribs and at the bottom of my abdomen, where everything has to loosen up. How about you? How are you symptom-wise?

We haven't started buying anything or registering for gifts. We hope to have a boy and not too much will be needed, just a carseat and probably a different kind of stroller. I'd also like to try a ring-sling and one of those swings that magically rock some babies to sleep. I doubt we'll have a shower.

How about you - how do you manage all the baby and kid stuff? Do you keep it as you go, exchange with people, unload during moves, or what? Will you have a shower? Are there any new things you'd like to try?

So I was wondering, with all your kids, do you ever get kid-free time? We have gotten very little together, and when I have time to myself it's because DH is with DS. We feel hesitant about using a babysitter we don't know, and even moms I know with kids DS's age are less cautious about choking hazards and staying close by on staircases -- things we still want be careful about with our son. So we keep putting off getting a babysitter. I don't know what we'll do when I go into labor. My mom may be able to help, but she's 4 hours away, so I guess we need at least a plan B, if not C. What will you be doing about that?

What's on your schedule for today? We have a mom's group gathering at a little coffee shop (I am afraid our group will sort of overwhelm the toy area -- moms groups can be that way sometimes!). Other than that, I'll be catching up on housework unless I feel sick as the day progresses. I'll try making homemade pizza dough, too - another first! The weather is gross here (gray skies and snow that was rained on yesterday), so it's a good day to stay indoors.

All right, time to get going while I'm still willing! Later!