View Single Post
January 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Thanks ladies. I was so heartbroken that it didn't work out. It's so frustrating to believe you have the strength and willpower to do it all natural, and to dream of it that way, and have it not work out. I believe I gave it my all, and would have ended up with an emergency C-section if I'd have refused to have any intervention, but it still feels a bit like I failed or let myself down.

I KNOW that I can do it next time, if things go anywhere near close to a normal labor, and I take some comfort in that. She is also beautiful and healthy, so I take comfort in that.

I didn't know this when I posted my birth story, but she was asynclitic. I had never even heard the term, but it's a description of the sideways position she was in, and my labor difficulties are normal for that position.

Turns out there is a warning sign, pain in one hip before labor. For about 2 weeks before labor, my right hip was driving my crazy. It hurt like heck and I could never get comfortable, and even enlisted DH in all kinds of crazy attempts to stretch it. I never mentioned it to my doctor, as I thought it was just normal pregnancy discomfort. Sure wish I would have!

Anyway, turns out there are a lot of pre-labor exercises that can help fix the position. If I get hip pain next pregnancy, maybe I can prevent some of the trouble with the asynclitic exercises!