Topic: Proposal
View Single Post
January 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DF had my best friend ask me to go look at jewelry with her. Supposedly, her BF had told her to pick some things out that she liked so he could get an idea for a valentines present for her. While we were browsing the store, I was dreamily looking at the engagement rings and saying "I like this but I think that's gaudy" and so on. The sales lady asked if I wanted to try one on just for fun so I did. That was how he got my ring size without me ever knowing. Even the sales lady was in on it!

DF had originally arranged with my best friend to watch the kids for us for valentines day and he was going to ask me over a romantic dinner. Well, he had my ring custom designed and made and it ended up being ready waaaay earlier than he expected. He picked it up February 8th and came home acting all weird. I had just got out of the shower and he kept saying how he got something for me but I had to wait until valentines day to get it. I don't mind waiting for surprises but it kills him to keep secrets. I could tell it was killing him and he really wanted to tell me what it was so I finally freaked out on him and said "if you aren't going to keep it a secret until then, just freaking tell me already!" I said this with my back to him while I was in the kitchen and when I turned around he was on one knee with the ring. I felt bad for yelling and he felt bad for it not being as romantic as he had originally planned but looking back I think it is adorable that he just couldn't stand to wait to ask me.