View Single Post
January 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Super Mommy
So, I've delivered five big babies with no meds whatsoever, and am about to have our last, number six. My last three labors have been quick.

I have horrible back labor every time, but honestly laboring is not a big deal to me -- it's the pushing stage that literally feels like I'm being ripped apart and I just find myself dreading it! I'm so tempted to try to get some kind of pain releif this time. However, (a) I'm not comfortable with the risks and (b) in all honesty I probably won't have time. But I want it so bad!! Tell me why I shouldn't!

--------
So, 12 days late I woke up at 1:15 in the morning with a strong contraction. Got to the hospital at a 10 with a cervical lip. Labored briefly on all fours to get rid of the lip. I delivered in a semi-seated position which surprisingly ended up being the most effective for my small pelvic opening and he was delivered after three pushing contractions. It was, as expected, very painful. But the whole thing last only an hour and 15 minutes and I was glad I'd decided to go natural one last time since there's no way I could have gotten any pain meds it was going so quickly.

He weighed 9 lbs 6 oz and the l&d nurse, who was really wonderful and pushed on my hip bones to help with the pain and baby's descent, said that my pelvis is particularly small which is why pushing has always been so awfully painful.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. I'm really glad I didn't cave to the dread .

Last edited by mamatomany; February 11th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.