View Single Post
January 29th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Losing weight can definitely get your body doing what it's supposed to again, in fact we have some success stories on this board that were able to conceive by losing weight. However, that's not enough for some people. When I was in highschool I weighed in the normal range, about 115-130. I still never ovulated. I would have needed medical intervention then like I do now at almost 200 so no point in losing weight first. But if you were able to get pregnant on your own, then the diet/exercise might just do the trick. 6 months seems like an awfully long time though when you want a baby. I don't know if you are interested in a second opinion but you could probably find someone willing to start treatments in 3 months or even right away, in conjunction with weight loss efforts.

I would definitely not worry about baby-making sex until you know you are ovulating. Don't pressure yourself. Just do it because it's fun and you love your FH. If you see it as a chore it's really easy to lose the passion. I know for us some of the best sex we've had was when I had already O'd or we knew I wasn't going to, so the pressure was off. So try to think of it as doing it just for the enjoyment of it and not for baby making.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12