Topic: Proposal
View Single Post
January 29th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I had been together eight months and we were at an antique shop one day with his parents. They have amazing rings there so I was playing house and showed him the one I liked. He went back and bought it the next day, not intending to propose for quite some time but thinking the ring wouldn't be there long so it was "just in case." Great, except he can't keep a secret to save his life and he ended up telling me about it a few days later! Not proposing, just telling me that he bought my ring for when he was ready. Stinker.

NINE MONTHS LATER he gets drunk after work, comes home and asks me to marry him. I said no, he's not allowed to ask me when he's drunk. The very next day the same thing happened (we were young and childless, lol. I swear he's never had a drinking problem) and my answer was the same. So the very next morning when I woke him up, he asked me again. I said yes, but told him he had to think of something romantic when he gives me the ring. What a lame proposal! Later that day we went out for dinner and ice cream and he couldn't wait to give it to me, so he put it on my finger on the walk over. I was on the phone with my mom within 30 seconds.

Stinker.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13