View Single Post
February 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Rochelle
Yea, I composed an entire whiny post in Secret Garden about why I've decided not to have one and cried my little eyes out and then deleted the whole thing.

In a nutshell, my friendships are strained bc of ppl being so self absorbed and I feel like it will end up being this huge inconvenience and I don't want it to end up being a "pity-party" literally. "Poor Rochelle never got a babyshower, lets give her one so she'll shut-up". That there is for the birds. It's not worth it. There are really complicated circumstances involved and I could write a novel so I'll leave it at that.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has decided to forgo the shower and do something else instead be it a "meet baby party" or whatever.

DS and DD2's bdays are late August and I could wait until then and throw a big bday bash/meet the baby thing and invite all the fam. But seriously, I'd like to keep my friends and family separate merely bc my head spins with too many ppl near me.

So, I was also thinking of having a separate kids-only party for friends and not family.