View Single Post
February 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Rochelle
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having a bday party/meet baby thing 2 months after baby with family only and then a separate low-key kids bday thing the following weekend at a park for kids friends.

I care nothing about gifts. We have all we need other than maybe some cloth diaper stuff. I'll keep my registry in case someone asks my mom if we need anything in particular once baby is born but I doubt that will happen. I like the "all family at once thing" instead of them trickling in set by set for weekends after baby is born.. It's stressful to deal with so many separate visits. They might as well wait until baby is starting to get bigger and less newborn looking and also celebrate 2 of our kids bdays as well. The all live in Florida but one set of my Aunt/Uncle live 8 hrs away. The others live 7, 5, and 4 hrs away. Then I have an Aunt/Cousin who live here. Hopefully my ILs will never visit ever again in their lives and I will NOT tell them of this party bc that would suck more than you can even imagine bc MIL is bat-S#$t crazy, yea, I said it.

I wasn't expecting anyone to throw me one, I just know that the friends group I have available in this area are probably going to act annoyed at having to even come to a shower. I'm very sensitive and I would be consumed with the bad vibes and have an awful time. That's the part that bothers me. Somehow the shower would become about the group dynamic and not about me (for once) and I just can't take it. *taking out my tiniest violin to play for myself* Life goes on.